Facial scrubs are very easy to make and offer many benefits for your skin. You can use everyday ingredients from your kitchen and garden.
There are many basic ingredients you can use to make a homemade facial scrub including the following:
- Honey, this is an essential ingredient in many facemasks and homemade facial scrub recipes because it is a natural humectant meaning it attracts moisture to itself and is therefore moisturising and hydrating for skin. Honey is also anti-bacterial and anti-microbial which means it fights acne causing bacteria, and stops it from reproducing. Honey is an excellent ingredient to use in acne facemasks.
- Brown sugar, sugar naturally contains glycolic acid which helps to dissolve protein and dead skin cells. The crystals and brown sugar also help to slough off rough skin and stimulate new cell growth from the deeper layers of your epidermis. A mixture of brown sugar and honey makes a good homemade facial scrub base.
- Lemon juice, lemon juice contains fruit acids which help to remove dead skin cells and lighten skin. Lemon juice is naturally antibacterial and so is also excellent for oily skins, blackheads and acne.
- Yogurt, this is another natural ingredient which is naturally antibacterial and soothing for skin. Yoghurt is also moisturising and contains dairy acids which also help to rejuvenate tired and dull skin.
- Avocado, this fruit makes an excellent homemade facial scrub base because it is high in essential fatty acids which deliver beneficial nutrients deep into the skins layers.
- Almond meal, ground almond meal or other oil rich seed and nut meals are a gentle exfoliant additive to add to liquid making a moisturising homemade facial scrub.
- Oatmeal, ground oatmeal is another alternative to nut meals with the added benefit of soothing itchy irritated or inflamed skin. It is particularly good for sensitive skins that need soothing especially when mixed with aloe vera.
- Aloe vera, alovera is excellent for irritated, sunburnt or inflamed skin. It helps to balance the skins ph levels and retard acne bacteria.
- Teatree essential oil, this is one of the most powerful and potent natural ingredients for targeting bacteria, fungal infections and acne especially. Add just a few drops of tea tree oil or neem oil as an alternative to your homemade facial scrub to deal with acne or other skin infections.
- Lavender oil, lavender essential oil is soothing and calming for inflamed skin and also has anti-ageing benefits for all skin types.
- Grapefruit juice, this is also high in natural fruit acids and has properties that aid and healing acne.
- Almond oil, add a tablespoon of Almond oil to a homemade facial scrub recipe to moisturise skin and help reduce scarring or discolouration. Almond oil is also a simple cleanser
- Papaya, the enzymes in papaya, pineapple, pawpaw and kiwifruit dissolve dead skin cells. Add a teaspoon of any of these fruits puréed to your scrub for brighter younger looking skin.
These are just a few ingredients that you can use to make a homemade facial scrub. This favourite recipe is very simple but can be added to depending on what skin type and condition you are treating. For example a homemade facial scrub recipes mixture of 1/4 cup Almond oil, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon honey and a squeeze of lemon juice is very invigorating for skin. Rubbing this mixture on your face and body before shower will leave feeling smoother, cleaner and softer.
If you have acne add a few drops of tea tree, neem, or lavender oil and a teaspoon of yoghurt to make a really effective homemade facial acne scrub.
For very dry skin, use a small amount of mashed avocado, with the addition of borage, argan, or olive oil for an extra moisturising boost.
There are many more specific masks and homemade facial scrubs you can make that this basic recipe is a good basis to start with and add other ingredients as you wish. Used regularly your homemade facial scrub leave your skin feeling softer, younger and renewed.
Try the recipes in Natural Homemade Face Masks And Skin Care Recipes
|Cellular C Restorative Serum & Moisturizer. Best Vitamin C Serum for Face with Rosehip oil & Carrot seed oil. 100% Natural Fast Absorbing &essential Oil Based Antiaging Serum rich in Vitamins C, A & E. 100% Natural Cell Rejuvenating, Moisturising and Firming Serum. Absorbs quickly, protects and repairs skin while accelerating the cellular renewal process. Also has calming aromatherapy benefits. Contains oils of: Vitamin E, Apricot Kernel, Rosehip, Neroli, Jojoba, Pomegranate, Orange, Carrot Seed, Borage, Ylang Ylang, Sea Buckthorn, Lemongrass, Rose Geranium, Frankincense and Lavender.|
|Organic Body Care Recipes: 175 Homemade Herbal Formulas for Glowing Skin & a Vibrant Self. Radiantly healthy skin, hair, feet, hands, eyes, and nails. Recipes for hand and footcare, nail treatments, shaving cream, and even popular spa treatments such as microdermabrasion exfoliants, detox and cellulite soaks, ayurvedic oils, and herbal cold salves.|
|Natural Home Made Skin Care Recipes: Three steps to great looking skin with everyday ingredients. Enjoy beautiful clear glowing healthy skin every day! Natural Home Made Skin Care Recipes are simple to make and completely natural, yet many are so powerful they can erase wrinkles, blemishes, blackheads and uneven skin tone, leaving your skin looking and feeling radiant.|