Here’s Some Hints and Tips Before You Start Mixing..
- Tie your hair up out of the way of whatever you intend applying to your skin
- Wash your skin before application so its fresh and ready to absorb all the goodness from your treatment
- Always apply masks and lotions with fingertips working up from your neck up to your nose, cheeks and forehead
- Avoid the delicate eye area but you can place cucumber slices around your eye area for an eye treatment
- Make it a relaxing experience in a quite place preferably with your eyes closed (and mouth too)
- Leave the mask of for as long as directed and not longer – especially fruit masks
- Wash off with warm not hot or cold water and use cleanser if you wish followed by a moisturizer of your choice
- Don’t over exfoliate your skin or leave masks that contain fruit acids on too long
Includes over 200 Recipes, 97 Ingredients and their uses in the book
Natural face mask recipes:
Dry Skin Egg Almond Oil Moisturizing Facial Mask
- 1 teaspoon Almond, Or Olive Oil
- 1 well beaten Egg
- Blend whisked eggs and other ingredients together thoroughly. Apply with fingertips of brush using upward movements. This is moisturizing and tightening too.
Banana Oily Skin Face Mask:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 lemon or orange
- 2 tablespoons honey
Mash the banana and mix it with the honey, then add a few drops of orange or lemon juice. Apply this mask to the face and let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse with a warm, steaming washcloth or a cool washcloth and follow with an oil-free moisturizer.
Strawberry Face Mask to Treat Acne-Prone Skin:
- ¼ cup fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
Mash the strawberries and sour cream or yogurt. Spread this mask onto the face, leave it on for between ten and 15 minutes, and then wash it away with a damp washcloth. Dry the face thoroughly to begin feeling the healing effects. Strawberries contain salicylic acid, a popular acne treatment.
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ of a fresh, ripe avocado
Mash the avocado to a creamy pulp and stir in the honey. Apply the mask to the face and leave it on for ten minutes. Use a cool washcloth to rinse off the mask and dry the face with a clean towel.
Honey Milk Aloe Mask:
- 2 drops of essential oil (Lavender or Neroli are nice)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon powdered milk
- 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
Mix all ingredients well and apply half of the mixture to the face. Wait 15 minutes before washing the mask off with warm water and using a clean towel to dry the face.
Egg White Face Mask for Any Skin Type:
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
Separate egg whites from two egg yolks and put them into a small bowl. Add two tablespoons of plain yogurt and mix the ingredients thoroughly. Apply this mask to the face and leave it on for a few minutes. Rinse the face with warm water to remove the mask and follow this by applying a warm washcloth, then dry the face with a clean towel.
Moisturizing Cooling Cucumber Yogurt Facial Mask:
Puree ½ a cucumber and 1 tblsp yogurt in a blender and apply it on the face evenly. Leave it on the face for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water
Cornmeal Facial Scrub And Mask:
Mix enough cornmeal with water, milk or yogurt to form a paste. Apply to your skin in circular motions then leave on for ten to 15 minutes before washing off with warm water.
Moisturizing Banana Honey Yogurt Facial Mask:
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 tsp runny honey (warmed or runny honey)
- 2 tsp yogurt
Mix together well and apply to clean skin, Leave on for ten to 15 mins then rinse off with warm water.
Avocado Facial Mask For Dry Skin:
Mash half an avocado well and apply to clean skin, Leave on for ten to 15 mins then rinse off with warm water. You can also use this with yogurt and or a mashed banana for extra moisture.
Apple Honey Facial Mask:
- 1 tblsp mashed apple
- 1 tsp oatmeal
- 1 tsp honey
Apply well mixed mask to face with fingertips. Leave on until dryish then wash off with warm water.
And here’s one more very simple natural homemade face mask that leaves your skin feeling wonderful:
Yogurt Face Mask (with optional extras) For All Skin Types:
This simple (only two ingredients!) cooling mask is soothing and nourishing for skin.
- 1 tbsp PLAIN natural yogurt
- 1 tsp runny honey
Combine mixture, then apply to face with fingertips. Leave on for 15 minutes then wash off with warm water.
If you have oily skin you can add a squeeze of citrus juice (lemon, orange, grapefruit or lime) to these masks.
For acneic skin add essential oil (few drops), apple cider vinegar or more honey
For very dry skin you can use oils (avocado, apricot, wheatgerm, olive or coconut oil) or coconut cream and even whipping cream
For exfoliation add brown sugar, ground oat or cornmeal or tropical papaya, melon,pineapple or pawpaw (which you should only leave on for ten minutes due to the fruit acids and papain in some of these fruits)
Enjoy your masks – there are many more natural homemade face mask recipes to read about and make….both on this website and in the book Natural Homemade Facemasks And Skincare Recipes Rejuvenating Renewing Masks and Treatments For Beautiful Skin.