What’s really in that pimple cleanser?
In commercial acne treatment products you can read the labels and find a wide range of ingredients like salicylic acid, sulphur, benzoyl peroxide and alpha hydroxy acid.
These are all designed to combat acne bacteria and eradicate infection that cause pimples or “zits”.
That’s all well and good…BUT
While commercial products work reasonably well, unfortunately some of these ingredients can be harsh or irritating on sensitive skin and can also be costly if you are buying medicated product from drug stores or on prescription.
If you are sick of paying for these products and still having trouble with your skin, fortunately there are many natural ingredients that have antibacterial and anti septic properties and some that contain the natural derivatives of these chemicals.
Home remedies for acne and oily skin, natural alternatives.
Natural ingredients are just as effective, much cheaper and gentler on inflamed pimply skin.
Willow bark is high in salicylic acid. You can buy willow bark powder from your local health store and use the powder in a natural homemade acne face mask with other ant-microbial ingredients like honey, tea tree oil, rosemary, apple and extra virgin coconut oil, all of which are great acne fighters.
Natural anti-microbial and anti-bacterial ingredients for pimples.
Using acne masks with ingredients like willow bark, honey, yoghurt, apple or papaya and essential oils like lavender and rosemary are a great way to deal with acne at home.
- Honey is one ingredient that is very moisturizing for skin that also contains natural antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. Ingredients like milk and yogurt contain natural fruit (AHA) acids especially fruits like papaya and pineapple that all help to combat acne bacteria.
- Essential oils like Teatree, Rosemary and other ingredients like aloe vera, oatmeal, apple, garlic, and extra virgin coconut oil, you are adding to the recipe due to the antimicrobial properties in each ingredient that combat acne bacteria.
- Spices like turmeric and garlic are naturally antibacterial making them excellent for spots and acne.
Soothing Acne Mask
You can make a soothing acne mask from:
- Avocado 1/2 an avocado mashed is nourishing for skin
- Fruit 1/4 cup mashed fruits (like apple, papaya or pineapple)
- Oatmeal 1 tablespoon of oatmeal
- Yogurt 1 tablespoon of yogurt or milk
- Honey 1 tablespoon of honey
- Essential oils By adding a few drops of essential oils such as Neem, tea tree, Rosemary or Lavender and/or a clove of crushed garlic or even crushed parsley you can create a vey effective powerful bacteria eliminating acne mask.
- Sulphur is yet another ingredient found in acne products. Fruits like dried apricots and eggs yolks can also be added to acne face masks as a treatment.
If you apply these homemade face masks to your skin once or twice a day plus apply spot treatments like a mixture of aspirin, garlic, and honey you can create an effective acne treatment for both specific spots and also as a general treatment for your skin.
Here is an extremely powerful favorite in my list of home remedies for acne. A pimple mask that really “deals to” problem skin:
1/2 an mashed avocado
1 tsp slippery elm powder
4 drops of neem or karanja oil (optional)
4 drops tea tree oil
1 tblsp honey
1 tblsp mashed fruit (apple, pineapple, papaya kiwi or lemon)
1 aspirin tablet or 1/4 tsp aspirin powder
pinch turmeric or garlic (optional)
Mix together well then apply to skin and leave on for 10 to 15 minutes then wash off with warm water with a splash of lemon juice added or aloe vera juice (optional). Do this once a day for up to a week and you’ll see acne disappear fast.
You can come up with your own recipes from these ingredients and many more like those in Natural Homemade Facemasks And Skincare Recipes
There are many natural options that offer the same benefits and properties you would find in commercial products if you know what they are. Enjoy mixing your own recipe and your results!
|OZNaturals- Vitamin C Serum For Your Face Contains Professional Strength 20% Vitamin C + Hyaluronic Acid - Anti Wrinkle, Anti Aging Serum For A Radiant & More Youthful Glow! ALLURE MAGAZINE'S Best In Beauty Vitamin C Serum - Widely considered the most effective Vitamin C serum available - Helps stimulate the production of collagen for smoother texture and even skin tone ANTI AGING SERUM Protects Skin from free radical damage and helps reverse damage caused by previous sun exposure USING THE HIGHEST concentration of natural and active ingredients possible giving you beautiful skin in eco-friendly ways Fragrance-free UNIQUE Vitamin C serum contains a proprietary blend of 20% Vitamin C and Astaxanthin|
|Organic Body Care Recipes: 175 Homemade Herbal Formulas for Glowing Skin & a Vibrant Self. Radiantly healthy skin, hair, feet, hands, eyes, and nails. Recipes for hand and footcare, nail treatments, shaving cream, and even popular spa treatments such as microdermabrasion exfoliants, detox and cellulite soaks, ayurvedic oils, and herbal cold salves.|
|Natural Home Made Skin Care Recipes: Three steps to great looking skin with everyday ingredients. Enjoy beautiful clear glowing healthy skin every day! Natural Home Made Skin Care Recipes are simple to make and completely natural, yet many are so powerful they can erase wrinkles, blemishes, blackheads and uneven skin tone, leaving your skin looking and feeling radiant.|