There are many natural ingredients you can use when you want to know how to treat acne at home.
They are antimicrobial and antibacterial which you can add to home made acne masks to retard or kill acne bacteria.
Most of these ingredients are easy to find locally and even those that are commonly used in over the counter acne products can be sourced at home and added to homemade face masks for treating acne at home.
Some of the best acne targeting ingredients include:
- Tea tree oil – it is antibacterial and and antiseptic
- Lavender oil – also antibacterial and calming
- Citrus oils are anti-fungal and antibacterial (oil squeezed directly from lemon or orange peel is an easy way to use this oil)
- Neem oil – helps calm skin and inflammation as well as retard bacteria
- Honey (especially UMF 12 + and over) because it has antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiseptic qualities
- Extra virgin coconut oil for it’s antiseptic properties
- Almond oil – has mild antibacterial properties and helps heal acne scars
- Turmeric – a spice that great for drying our pimples
- Aloe vera – healing for scarring
- Lemon juice – helps dry out pimples and target bacteria
- Willow bark (powdered from your local health store) – a strong natural source of salicylic acid (a common ingredient in over the counter acne washes)
- Hydrogen peroxide – ok I admit it doesn’t really seem to belong in a natural ingredients list, but it is a handy liquid to add a teaspoon of to an acne mask as it helps to kill acne bacteria.
(Ingredients referenced from Natural Homemade Skin Care Recipes
How to treat acne at home using these ingredients:
You can make a mask using a base of avocado, yogurt or even a paste of Almond meal (ground almonds or oatmeal as an alternative) and add any of these ingredients to it.
You should only ever use a maximum of 5% essential oils so it isn’t too strong for your skin. A great acne serum recipe is 1 Tablespoon of Almond oil, a tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil and a few drops of tea tree and lavender oil.
Apply twice daily as an excellent acne remedy.
These are a few suggestions for how to treat acne at home. Depending on what you have at home, you can make up a mask or treatment that used daily, will really help to clear up acne and keep it at bay. You can also find many more acne recipes (197 different face masks, serums, moisturizers and treatments) in Natural Homemade Skin Care Recipes
|OZNaturals- Vitamin C Serum For Your Face Contains Professional Strength 20% Vitamin C + Hyaluronic Acid - Anti Wrinkle, Anti Aging Serum For A Radiant & More Youthful Glow! ALLURE MAGAZINE'S Best In Beauty Vitamin C Serum - Widely considered the most effective Vitamin C serum available - Helps stimulate the production of collagen for smoother texture and even skin tone ANTI AGING SERUM Protects Skin from free radical damage and helps reverse damage caused by previous sun exposure USING THE HIGHEST concentration of natural and active ingredients possible giving you beautiful skin in eco-friendly ways Fragrance-free UNIQUE Vitamin C serum contains a proprietary blend of 20% Vitamin C and Astaxanthin|
|Organic Body Care Recipes: 175 Homemade Herbal Formulas for Glowing Skin & a Vibrant Self. Radiantly healthy skin, hair, feet, hands, eyes, and nails. Recipes for hand and footcare, nail treatments, shaving cream, and even popular spa treatments such as microdermabrasion exfoliants, detox and cellulite soaks, ayurvedic oils, and herbal cold salves.|
|Natural Home Made Skin Care Recipes: Three steps to great looking skin with everyday ingredients. Enjoy beautiful clear glowing healthy skin every day! Natural Home Made Skin Care Recipes are simple to make and completely natural, yet many are so powerful they can erase wrinkles, blemishes, blackheads and uneven skin tone, leaving your skin looking and feeling radiant.|